Friday, January 9, 2009

Shots

I have recently stumbled upon the following article via Modern Drunkard Magazine and I had to share it with anyone and everyone who will listen. The Art of the Shot is a masterpiece of shot etiquette. It should be read and shared by all who would even entertain the notion of possibly ever partaking in the social ritual of the shot. It contains the fundamental rules and faux pas of the shot and it's closest relation, the toast. Read it, read it again and commit it to memory.

While we are on the subject of shots, I would like to share with you one of my favorites. It appears to be an original (I haven't seen it anywhere else) of a bar near my house in Arvada, CO. It is a bomb shot (kind of) and you will need a 12 oz beer mug (or glass) and a standard shot glass. I will do my best with the description but I don't know about the actual quantities. Without further ado:

The Jacob's Ladder

You will need:
Cranberry juice
Pineapple juice
Raspberry vodka
Triple Sec
Light Beer

Pour about a half inch or so of cranberry juice in the mug. Then place the shot glass into the bottom of the mug (in the cranberry juice). Then fill the shot glass with raspberry vodka. Then add a layer of pineapple juice into the glass. Next, pour about a half oz of Triple Sec over the shot glass. You should be pretty close to the top of the glass by now (three quarters of an inch to an inch from the top). Lastly, finish the shot off with a light beer up to the top of the glass.

Now, I realize this seems awfully big for a shot (it really is intimidating) but it goes down very smoothly. Go try it and you can thank me later!

No comments: