Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shot Repertoires

Everyone has their "shot repertoire" as I like to call it. This is the (usually short) list of shots that any given person immediately thinks of when someone at the bar says "let's do shots!" Think about it. When it's your turn to pick the shots, you know you run through 3 to 5 shots that your comfortable with and that spring to mind first. that's your "shot repertoire". It's not like you object to shots outside of these, but these are your comfort shots, your bread and butter, your peeps.

I have a repertoire myself and that's what I would like to share with you today.

#1 Jager Bomb
Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 oz Jägermeister
* 1/2 can Red Bull energy drink

Preparation:

1. Fill a shot glass with Jägermeister.
2. Drop the shot glass into an highball glass, or other tall glass, filled with a half of a can of Red Bull. Drink like a madman!

#2 Irish Car Bomb
Ingredients:

* 3/4 pint Guinness
* 1/2 shot Irish cream liqueur
* 1/2 shot Irish whiskey

Preparation:

1. Pour the Irish cream liqueur into a shot glass.
2. Pour the Irish whiskey on top.
3. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full and let settle.
4. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug.

#3 The Jameson Bomb (Ok, my friends and I made this one up but it rocks)
Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
* 1/2 can Red Bull energy drink

Preparation:

1. Fill a shot glass with Jameson.
2. Drop the shot glass into a glass filled with a half of a can of Red Bull. Slam. Finish with a Cherry.

#4 Red-Headed Slut
Ingredients:

* 1 oz Jagermeister
* 1 oz peach schnapps
* 2 oz cranberry juice

Preparation:

1. Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a shot or old-fashioned glass.

#5 Tuaca Bomb
Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 oz Tuaca
* 1/2 can Red Bull energy drink

Preparation:

1. Fill a shot glass with tuaca.
2. Drop the shot glass into a glass filled with a half of a can of Red Bull. Slam it back.



That is my repertoire. You can draw a few conclusions from it like: I like Jager, I like "bomb shots", I like Red Bull. All true. I for one am always on the lookout for more shots to expand my repertoire, but it's tough to get away from your favorites. Make an effort and I will too.

No comments: