Monday, January 12, 2009

A Black 8-Ball

Every once in awhile, friends can surprise you. You think you've seen all their alcoholic tricks a hundred times and then they spring one on you. That happened to me yesterday while watching the NFL Playoffs.

A quick run to the LQ resulted in the acquisition of several 40 oz. of Old English (always an old school/cost effective maneuver) and a 24 oz of Guinness. To my surprise, my friend quickly drank half of his Old English (OE from here on out) and proceeded to fill the rest of his bottle with Guinness. Now, I'm a lover of Black and Tans to be sure, but The OE and the Guinness did not layer like that. Rather they mixed into an obsidian liquid unlike any I'd ever witnessed. So I asked what he was doing there and he replied "It's a Black 8-Ball". Appalled (but also curious) I asked for a taste. It was wonderful! I love Guinness above all beers and am normally dumb-founded and outraged when it is diluted or combined with something that takes away from it's true beauty, but this Black 8-Ball was something different. It was different in a good way. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments: