Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Is There Anything Better?

Is there anything in the world better than the first sip of an ice cold beer after a long day's work? Honestly it doesn't even matter to me what kind sometimes. Even crap like Keystone Light or PBR taste like gold medal champions with that first glorious icy cold gulp. I personally believe that if you disagree with that statement then one of two things must be true about you. Either you really aren't a "beer person" or you have way too easy of a job.

Now when I say not a "beer person", I don't mean you don't like beer. I just mean that you are not one of the beer passionate people who would (and sometimes do) do almost anything for a beer (any kind of beer). There are people out there who are passionate about a particular kind of beer like Guinness or Czechvar (both outstanding by the way) but they tend to be looked at by "beer people" as "beer snobs". I am a "beer person". I love all beer. Obviously I greatly prefer some beers over others, but I have no problem grabbing a 30 pack of Keystone Light for house beer when it's on sale for $12.99. If I'm watching the game and the bar has a $5 Coors Light pitcher special, guess what I'm drinking for the rest of that game.

Now, I'm not downgrading "beer snobs". They have a very prominent place in the great alcoholic ecosystem of which we all play important roles. If everyone was a "beer person" there would really only be a couple kinds of beer. "Beer snobs" keep the non-Anheiser-Busch/Miller-Coors breweries in business which we can all agree is a good thing.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I've had a long day at work and I am really looking forward to that first frosty gulp of beer (whatever it is) in about an hour when I get home. Cheers!

No comments: