Monday, June 15, 2009

Xingu Beer Review and a Beer Commitment

So I spent the weekend in Orlando Florida (aka, the surface of the sun)and happened to eat dinner at a fantastic Brazilian Steak House called Texas De Brazil. It was at this wondrous meat-lover's fantasy come true that I got to taste a Brazilian Beer that I had never tried before called Xingu Black Beer. So, I offer up this review for your visual consumption:

Xingu Black Beer:




Type of Beer: (From Wikipedia.org) Schwarzbier, or "black beer," is a German dark lager beer. It has an opaque, black color and a full, chocolatey or coffee flavor. Although they share some similar flavors they are quite a bit milder tasting and less bitter than British Stouts or Porters.

ABV: 4.70%

Brewed By: Cervejaria Sul Brasileira (Brazil)

This beer poured an almost solid black color with a thick, very decent sized head. It had very malty, almost sweet, and mild roasted smells to it. The taste was right along the same path with a creamy, malty, slightly roasted caramel taste with some light coffee undertones to it. It was extremely easy to drink and i enjoyed it alot. The only disappointment was a noticeable lack of hops flavor. I'm definitely more of a hop-head when it comes to beer so this was a bit of a letdown. I wasn't that disappointed though because I did order another one (and another after that). I really can't stress enough what a drinkable beer this is and it really complimented the steak-fest that I was enjoying.

Verdict: Enjoyable, easy drinking exotic beer with just enough maltyness to make up for it's lack of hops. I will definitely be buying again and I recommend that you do too.

---------------------------------------------

My commitment: I think it would be a cool idea to try to commit to doing 5 beer reviews per week for a month. That's 20 beers that I've never laid taste buds on that I will be trying and posting about over the next month. I'll still do plenty of my traditional non-beer review posting on shots, bars, humor, etc so don't stop reading if you're not a "beer person" because there will still be plenty for you!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon.

No comments: