Monday, June 8, 2009

Wisdom of Norm from Cheers

I'm 33 and like most people my age, I grew up watching Cheers. As a child, I don't think I ever really understood the intricacies of the characters that populated everyone's favorite fictional watering hole, but I do now. Only in reruns can I now pick up on exactly how sad these people's lives really were. Honestly though, I think I can now look back on Norm as the wisest and funniest of the bunch. I've scoured the internet for some of his best one-liners (and 2 and 3 liners too) and have assembled his wisdom here for the Drink Dummy masses...

Coach: Can I draw you a beer, Norm?
Norm: No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one.

Woody: Hey, Mr. Peterson, what's the story?
Norm: Boy meets beer. Boy drinks beer. Boy gets another beer.

Sam: What's new, Normie?
Norm: Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach. They're demanding beer.

Woody: What's going down, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: My cheeks on this barstool.

Woody: How would a beer feel, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: Pretty nervous if I was in the room.

Woody: What's your pleasure, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: Boxer shorts and loose shoes. But I'll settle for a beer.

Sam: Hey, how's life treating you there, Norm?
Norm: Beats me. ... Then it kicks me and leaves me for dead.

Woody: What can I do for you, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: Elope with my wife.

Sam: Beer, Norm?
Norm: Have I gotten that predictable? Good.

Coach: How's a beer sound, Norm?
Norm: I dunno. I usually finish them before they get a word in.


Good stuff! Words to live by if you ask me. Anyway, since I'm already here posting this, I think I'll leave you with an awesome shot recipe:

Mind Eraser

Ingredients:

* 3-4 cubes Ice
* 1/2 shot Kahlua
* 1/2 shot Vodka
* 1 shot Sprite to taste

Place ice cubes in a small, narrow glass. Add the Kahlua, then the vodka and then the Sprite.

Do not stir or shake, drink through a straw all at once. Drink should be layered.

No comments: