Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Billy's Chilies Beer Review

Billy's Chilies Beer by Twisted Pine Brewing Co, Colorado.



Ok, so this beer intrigued me when I saw it at Total beverage the other night as I was building my own six-pack (neatest idea ever). The label says it is made with jalapeƱo, anaheim, fresno, errano, and habanero peppers. How neat is that, right? So I grabbed one and decided that last night was the night to pop it open and give it a go.

First thing you notice is the smell. I am a huge chili fan so the smell was great to me. It smells like a jar of fresh chili salsa. Basically it smells like when you open a can of diced green chilies or jalapeƱos. So far so good.

The taste wasn't quite as good. It basically was like taking a coors light and draining jalapeno and habanero juice into it. It had a nice chili burn in the back of your throat which was a real plus for me, but the flavor was just not that great. I guess I was expecting something a little more full bodied than I got and was pretty disappointed. It's not that it was terrible, it just wasn't great. I would probably not buy anymore in the future.

Final Answer: I would recommend you try it if you are a fan of chilies. It is a neat novelty beer, but not one I would buy on a regular basis as it is a bit awkward tasting.

No comments: