Saturday, May 23, 2009

Long Time No See...

Hey there! I know, I know, I've been gone for an inexcusably long time. Well, I've decided to make a conscious effort to keep this blog up to date and relevant. Relevant to what you ask? I don't know. We'll have to figure that out as we go.

So what have I been up to? Well, drinking a lot as always of course. I've discovered some great stuff like white grape and raspberry flavored vodkas and Guinness' new 250 anniversary stout. I've also discovered some not so great stuff like corn whiskey (moonshine). For those of you who have not tried the Guinness 250 Stout, here are the details:

Guinness 250 Anniversary Draught
Alcohol: 5 percent by volume
Calories: 136.3 per 11.2 ounces
Brewing: Made with a double brew stream that combines two types of malts, ale and stout. Carbonated. Uses Guinness yeast, triple hops and roasted barley.
Pour: A one-part pour, at an angle.
Date: Launches in the U.S. April 24, in Australia and Singapore later.

Now, I personally think this stuff is top notch! I love it. It is a bit different from traditional Guinness as it is carbonated rather than nitrogenated like the original. Guinness is my all time favorite and the 250 is a close second. GO out and try it if you haven't yet as it's only around for a few more months.

Another great thing I've discovered is Fresca Peach Citrus (pictured below):


Combined with Peach schnapps or Peach Pucker, it is a dream come true! Go get some.

Well, I think my time is up, so I'll catch you again soon. I promise! Cheers.

No comments: